Hello there, Raider.
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably heard the hype around MixMob and want to get involved. MixMob: Racer 1 is the world’s first card strategy racing game of its kind, combining racing elements of Mario Kart with the card play of Clash Royale. We recently launched our Closed Beta and “The Gathering” campaign, in which we will be releasing a ton of new features over the next few months for players to try out before the official launch of the game. We also have weekly tournaments with a collective prize pool of $3000 USDC and in-game assets. This guide will provide everything you need to know to join the MixMob, start racing, and win some prizes!
There are three different ways you can join the MixMob and access MixMob: Racer 1.
- All MixMob Gen0 Mask holders are invited to The Gathering. You can purchase a Gen0 Mask here: https://magiceden.io/marketplace/mixmob
- Gen0 Mask holders can share their unique referral link with friends without Masks: https://invite.mixmob.io/. For each valid referral, you earn 300 SUD$, 10 MixPoints towards The Ladder, and entrance into a tournament for even more prizes!
- You can also gain access via our website: https://www.mixmob.io/
Once you are in the game, you will be assigned a secret identity and select your avatar. If you don’t like your in-game name, don’t worry — you will be able to change it in future versions. After this, you’re ready to start racing!
How To Play
Racer 1 has two main components: driving your bot and playing cards from your deck. Driving uses A,S,D,W or the arrow keys, and spacebar. You play cards from your deck using number keys 1 through 5, or by clicking on them with your mouse.
The courses have 3 lanes, with speed boosts scattered throughout. Use boosts to your advantage! There are also pulses floating along the track. Collecting pulses gives you energy to play cards from your deck that will be crucial to your strategy to win. This new version also includes a variety of upgrades to improve gameplay and up the competition:
- The Slipstream feature helps the player who is further back gain speed to catch the leader.
- If you’re in the lead, glitches will appear as Obstacles that slow you down.
- If you’re neck and neck, you can ram into your opponent to deal 5 damage.
- And if you need a boost, hit the “W” key for some extra speed at the expense of your health. Once you understand all the controls, it’s time to start racing!
The Arena is open 24/7, and you have access to 3 different game modes.
- Free Play, single-player. Here you can race against the Phantom Bot in the Phantom Trial — Mix Circuit for practice with no entry fee. Once you’re ready, it’s time to test your skills against other Raiders in PvP.
- PvP, multiplayer. Once you get the hang of Racer 1, raise the stakes and pay 150 SUD$ to race against other MixMob members! Start out on the classic Phantom Trial — Mix Circuit to test your skills. If this is still too easy, compete against the best of the best on the high roller course, Neolympus — Acropolis Ascent.
- Watch & Bet. Want to learn from the best and win SUD$ while you watch? Spectate on live races and bet on who you think will win! Tune in for the chance to win bonus raffles while you watch. Watch & Bet is open Thursday — Friday from 6AM-8AM PT and 9AM-11AM PT. It is also live during Qualifier Tournaments on Saturdays and Sundays from 7AM-10AM PT.
While the steering mechanics are straightforward, the card deck adds a layer of strategy to your racing style. Each deck has different cards which can be utilized for a different racing strategy. Currently, there is the Alpha Deck and Styler Deck, with the new Tek Deck coming soon.
Here are the cards in each deck so you can hone your strategy:
Choose a deck that suits your play style and start learning the best ways to utilize your cards. They will make all the difference in a tight race.
MixMob: Racer 1 allows you to leverage your skills. The two PvP arenas, Phantom Trial and Neolympus, are open 24/7 to race. Phantom Trial is more forgiving, but Neolympus has a better payoff if you have faith in your skills. The payoffs can be seen below:
While the stakes and rewards are higher in Neolympus, the big prizes are in our tournaments. Qualifier tournament windows take place every Saturday and Sunday from May 6th to June 25th from 7AM PT to 10AM PT. Qualifier tournaments are open to everyone, but Gen0 Mask holders get exclusive prizes. Non-Mask holders will be eligible to earn in-game assets and SUD$. Gen0 Mask holders will be competing for a prize pool of $3000 USDC, qualification points for the championship, in-game assets, and SUD$. The winner of each qualifier will also receive a Glitch Pixel which contains random prizes from the MixMob Treasury, including Digital Collectibles, USDC, SUD$, and more.
The Championship Tournament will be held July 1st at 6AM PT. The top 24 racers from the qualifier tournaments will be eligible to compete against the Alpha Cup Champion, Ercalote, to be named Season 0 Champion.
- $2,000 USDC
- 1/1 Mask
- Grand Pixel
- (25) MixBot Capsules
- (7) Gen0 Masks
- (50,000) SUD$
The prizes will be distributed as follows:
- 1st: $500 + 1/1 Mask + Power 4 MixBot Capsule + Grand Pixel + 12,000 SUD$
- 2nd: $300 + Power 3 Mixbot Capsule + Gen0 Mask + 8,000 SUD$
- 3rd: $200 + Power 2 MixBot Capsule + Gen0 Mask + 5,000 SUD$
- 4–8th: $75 + Power 1 MixBot Capsule + 1 Gen0 Mask + 1,875 SUD$
- 9–16th: $50 + 1,250 SUD$ + 1 MixBot Capsule
- 17–25th: $25 + 625 SUD$ + 1 Mixbot Capsule
Weekly Leaderboard Prizes
If you don’t think you can win the tournament, don’t worry — there are other opportunities to win prizes by climbing our weekly Leaderboards:
Climb our weekly Leaderboards for SOL, SUD$, and the chance to win Digital Collectibles in our weekly raffles! Winners announced every Monday on Discord.
- Top 1: 5000 SUD$ and 2 SOL
- Top 2: 4000 SUD$ and 1 SOL
- Top 3: 3000 SUD$ and .5 SOL
- Top 4–10: 2000 SUD$
- Top 11–20: 1000 SUD$
- Top 21–25: 500 SUD$
The top 25 get entered into a raffle for the following prizes:
- If winner is a Gen0 Mask holder = 4,000 SUD$
- If the winner does not have a Gen0 Mask (uses a blank Mask in-game) = 1 Gen 0 Mask
Our Gen0 holders will receive a ticket for a weekly raffle for a common MixBot:
- Top 1: 6 entries
- Top 2: 5 entries
- Top 3: 4 entries
- Top 4–10: 3 entries
- Top 11–20: 2 entries
- Top 21–25: 1 entry
Winners are announced every Monday in the MixMob Discord.
So now that you’ve read the gameplay guide, what are you waiting for? Put on your Mask, win some prizes, and rise the ranks for glory and rewards! Start playing at mixmob.io.