MixMob launches Ghosting Program to introduce in-game economy and reward holders
For the first time, Gen0 Mask holders have the chance to earn MixMob’s CDX in-game token with the launch of its highly-requested Ghosting Program, launching November 8th.
MixMob’s one-year anniversary is around the corner, and we couldn’t think of a better way to thank our community for supporting us this year than by launching our most requested feature on the NFT side, our Ghosting Program. The program is an exciting milestone for MixMob as it takes us one step closer to integrating CDX, our in-game token that drives the game economy, into the universe.
On November 8th, a snapshot will be taken of all Gen0 Mask holder’s wallets. When the period ends in early 2023 (around Alpha V3), all participating community members who held their Masks during the ghosting period will be rewarded with 10,000 CDX tokens per Mask.
How Ghosting works in the MixMob universe
Gen0 Mask holders have until November 8th to “Ghost the Surface” and lock down their assets. That means taking their Gen0 Masks off Magic Eden for the remainder of the “ghosting” period.
- On November 8th, a snapshot will be taken that records all the Gen0 Mask wallets.
- In early 2023, when Racer 1 Alpha V3 goes live, the ghosting period ends and a second snapshot will be taken.
All Masks must remain in the holder’s wallet for the duration of the ghosting period in order to receive the 10,000 CDX reward. Holders who moved their Masks to a different wallet or listed them on Magic Eden won’t get their CDX allocation.
What’s the value of CDX?
At the end of the ghosting period, each holder who participated will be rewarded with 10,000 CDX per Mask. These tokens will be airdropped before Alpha V3 begins, and are valuable for three reasons:
- They allow us to activate our token economy and will be integrated into MixMob: Racer 1 Alpha V3 in early 2023.
- Once you receive the CDX, you can earn more by competing in Alpha V3 and giving feedback.
- If we have our IDO, holders will have the option to exchange CDX for our live token.
Ghosting for CDX is about having the community build the product with us. You get CDX for participating in the product development, all towards fleshing out our economy and making a better game for beta and commercial release.